Astrology puts in a solid 7 furlong work today. He’s still pointed for the Rebel on 3/19// Positive Response will stay at Turfway and point to the Vinery Spiral Stakes// Jennie Rees claims Dialed In’s performance Sunday was actually pretty good considering how fast he ran the final furlong// Awesome Patriot steps into the deep end// Ed DeRosa brings up an interesting angle: the trend of Derby contenders being sold to millionaires has minimized considerably// Mike Repole held a press conference and offered flashy quotes on his excitement, Todd Pletcher’s taxes, and more// Derby prop bets are available. Dead heat at 30-1? I’ll pass// Several new rankings…
Entries will be drawn tomorrow for the Timely Writer Stakes (Uncle Mo), Tampa Bay Derby (G2) and San Felipe (G2). Articles, race videos, and a link to free past performances will all be on this site.
· Stay Thirsty focused on the Classics (Bloodhorse)
· Reason for optimism with Dialed In (Courier Journal)
· Ed DeRosa Blog: Tightened Purse Strings (Thoroughbred Times)
· Positive Response provides boost for Golden Gate 3-year-olds, will stay at Turfway for Spiral Stakes (DRF)
· No Kane, no gain: Never too early to get Derby Fever (The Patriot-News)
· A bountiful Derby road for Uncle Mo’s owner (Miami Helrald)
· Astrology: SA- 7F- 1.25:00- H- 2/5
· Mr. Commons: HOL- 4F- 49.20- B- 11/19
· Down and Derby: The Sweet 16 (Zipse at the Derby)
· Jack McKinney’s Top 20 (Daily Racing News)
· Derby Post Top 14 (Derbypost.com)
Winning Beyers from last week: Ninety Five South - 80; Sensational Slam - 94; Positive Response - 88; Powhatan County - 80; Wilburn - 91. (DerbyContenders Twitter)
Top winning BRIS figs from last week: Ninety Five South-98; Sensational Slam-98; Positive Response-97; Powhatan County-96; Wilburn-96. (DerbyContenders Twitter)
Jennie Rees gives the C-J theory “in 15 of the last 20 years – including 10 of the past 12 – the Derby winner ran the final furlong of his last 9-furlong prep in less than 13 seconds. In addition, 15 of the last 20 ran their last three-eighths in under 38 seconds.