The big news of the day is the close of entries for two stepping-stones to the Kentucky Derby. Comma To The Top draws the rail in the El Camino. The easier race for them might have just got a little trickier. Trial by fire- Mandella not only switches Ten Devils to dirt but also talks of altering his running style… in a G2 no less. Plus the Factor still possible for San Vincente, Walden says no rush with Cal Nation, and Mucho Macho Man may bolt from the South Florida circuit to the Fairgrounds.
Robert B. Lewis Stakes (G2)- Santa Anita: (1) Wegner, (2) Anthony’s Cross, (3) Comma To The Top, (4) Tapizar, (5) Ten Devils, (6) Riveting Reason, (7) Quail Hill, (8) Thirtyfirststreet
El Camino Real Stakes (G3)- Golden Gate Fields: (1) Comma To The Top, (2) Bluegrass Reward, (3) Formula Gold, (4) Silver Medallion, (5) Positive Response, (6) Anthony’s Cross, (7) Jakesam
Note: Comma To The Top probable for El Camino, No word on Anthony’s Cross
Detailed Entries and free PPs on the “upcoming” page here
· Tapizar expected to be heavy favorite in Robert Lewis (Downey Profile)
· Tapizar helps keep Tapit a hot sire (Thoroughbred Times)
· WinStar Farm holds hot hand yet again with Brethren and Cal Nation (Thoroughbred Times)
· True Nicks analysis on Uncle Mo- Can he go the distance (Bloodhorse)
· Can Tapizar and Brethren take the next step? (Bloodhorse)
Possible Fountain of Youth Field: Mucho Macho Man, To Honor and Serve, Dialed In, Soldat, Casper’s Touch, Shackleford, Gourmet Dinner, Sweet Ducky.